As we announced in full recently, Brooklyn Brewery’s Mash tour is hitting the road again in 2016, with stops in nine world cities, including London, Stockholm, Chicago, Philadelphia, Paris, Washington D.C., Boston, Austin and New Orleans.
Next in the series is New Orleans, Nov. 17-20. As in every other iteration of The Mash on this tour, the festivities will be broken up into multiple events structured around a full weekend, celebrating themes of exploration and discovery.
Dinner with Friends at Josephine Estelle — Thursday, Nov. 17, 8 p.m.
Brooklyn Brewery Chef extraordinaire Andrew Gerson will be teaming up with Chefs Andy Ticer and Michael Hudman of New Orleans’ Josephine Estelle for a night of fresh seafood, fowl and Italian cooking. As the brewery puts it, it’s a dinner “the way we like to go out” to close the Mash tour: “A flock of different rare and intriguing beers, intriguing new dishes to try alongside them and companions to share notes with.” Dishes will include:
- Snapper crudo, brown butter, hazelnuts, celery, Meyer lemon, and sunchokes with Brooklyn Sorachi Ace
- Quail, pancetta, Hen of the Woods, frisee, arugula, and goat cheese with The Discreet Charm of the Framboisie
- Canestri and cacio e pepe with Yokai (Ghost Bottle: strong Belgian-style golden ale aged on sake lees in bourbon barrels)
- Homeplace pasture pork loin chop, apples, turnips, and saba with K is for Kriek
All that, and a secret dessert. Click here for more information; but hurry up if you want to get a reservation in time.
Free Show from The Lone Bellow — Friday, Nov. 18, 8 p.m.
Timberland is presenting a free show from Paste favorites The Lone Bellow on Friday evening, which is sure to echo through the historic walls of NOLA’s Joy Theater (1200 Canal St.). Opening acts will be Americana band The Rad Trads, with plenty of Brooklyn Beer on hand (naturally) as well. The show is 100% free, but Brooklyn does request an RSVP to get a handle on how many folks will turn out. RSVP for the show here.
Beer Mansion — Saturday, Nov. 19, 5 p.m.
Beer Mansion is the signature craft beer event of each Brooklyn Mash; a whimsical journey into both Brooklyn Brewery’s rarities and contributions from local craft brewers, all served up in a unique location. A $20 ticket gets you access to rare and limited bottles from Brooklyn Brewery, as well as local partners Urban South Brewery, Great Raft Brewing, Second Line Brewing, NOLA Brewing Company, Abita and Mudbug Brewery. Live music and food from local restaurants and Cholula hot sauce will complete the scene. Tickets for this immersive, room-by-room beer journey are available right here.
Neighborhood Immersion: Freret Street — Sunday, Nov. 20, 1 p.m.
The key event in each Mash’s “exploration” theme is the Timberland-sponsored Neighborhood Immersion, which in NOLA will focus on the Freret Street neighborhood. HQ is the Timberland and Brooklyn Brewery Trailhead (4508 Freret Street), a pop-up bar and shop where participants will receive a bundle of coupons for deals at various restaurants, bars and shops in the neighborhood. The whole adventure costs only $20, and includes:
- Lunch at Bar Frances, Liberty Cheesesteaks, Dat Dog, or The Company Burger
- Beers at Mint Modern Vietnamese, Midway Pizza, Gasa Gasa, The Other Bar, and Wayfare
- VIP hookups at Humble Bagel, Ancora Pizza, Sailor’s Cross Tattoo Parlor, MoJo Coffee House, and Crescent City Comics
- Exclusive access to The Timberland x Brooklyn Brewery Trailhead to hang with us and Timberland and sample our collaboration beer
Tickets for the Freret Street Neighborhood Immersion are available here.
More information on the 2016 Brooklyn Brewery Mash events in each city can be found at the event’s main website.