Becoming a new parent is simultaneously one of the most exciting and terrifying moments of your life. A huge life change, it’s a fascinating and fulfilling process. Fortunately, you’re not alone in caring for your baby. While hopefully you have your partner’s support as well as family and friends, there are a whole string of great apps out there to help you along. We rounded up 10 essential apps for caring for your baby, as well as tracking their progress.
1 of 10
1. Baby Connect ($4.99) - Particularly when your baby is a newborn, you're going to worry about a lot of things. Baby Connect gives you a place to easily store information such as how steadily your baby is growing, how often they're feeding, how frequent their naps are, and when their vaccines or medications were last given. You can easily share it with others too, proving ideal if you have multiple caregivers.
2 of 10
4. My Baby Today (Free) - Offering a personalized guide to your baby's first year, along with plenty of checklists to see how they're progressing, My Baby Today is a good all around app. A sleep guide offers advice and tracking, while a feeding section does the equivalent for breast-feeding or formula. A Q&A section helps answer any of your concerns too.
3 of 10
8. The Bump (Free) - Designed for newborns, as well as expecting parents, The Bump offers a plethora of real-time parenting advice, along with expert articles and an active community. Week-by-week checklists ensure that you're on top of things and you can easily keep track of photos of your bump, as well as your bundle of joy.
4 of 10
9. Baby Bundle (Free) - Offering a little bit of everything, Baby Bundle makes it easy to monitor your baby's daily activities, track their growth, as well as catch up on health information and keep your vaccinations in order. There's even an interactive forum and parenting guide available for advice.
5 of 10
3. Cozi Family Organizer (Free) - Recently updated to include Apple Watch support, Cozi Family Organizer is there to organize your life, which is no doubt a bit more hectic than before the baby came along. With a focus on families, you can easily keep track of everyone's appointments, remember to buy all the right groceries, and even keep track of happy family memories along the way. You might yet stay on top of running the house, while looking after your little one.
6 of 10
7. Eat Sleep (Free) - Focusing on tracking your baby's eating, sleeping, and diaper habits, Eat Sleep makes it easy to know how long your baby is breastfed for, how frequent diaper changes are and how productive they are, plus how many naps your baby is enjoying. It's these little things that ensure you can keep a routine going.
7 of 10
6. Hell'o Baby (Free) - Giving you a place to keep all your precious memories, Hell'o Baby is an easy-to-use interactive baby album. You can easily add content, such as photos, videos, or audio, and then share it with your loved ones. The app also offers up a place to insert memories such as your baby's first words or steps.
8 of 10
5. Baby Monitor 3G ($3.99) - Offering a video and audio monitor for all your iOS devices, as well as Mac, this app removes your worries while your baby is asleep. You can hear every sound, see live video, and even talk to your baby remotely to soothe them. It's easy to use and works via Wi-Fi and 3G, meaning you're never out of range.
9 of 10
10. Baby • Sprout (Free) - Particularly ideal for those with multiple children, Baby • Sprout tracks everything you could want. More importantly, it offers up monthly developmental updates so you can see exactly how well your child is faring. A plentiful supply of food tracking tools means you can see how introducing solid food is going.
10 of 10
2. WebMD Baby (Free) - WebMD is many people's first site to visit when they're worried about something medical. This app focuses on your baby, offering personalized advice relating to their age, with hundreds of articles, tips, and videos to consult. You're given weekly content packages ideally suited to your baby's current age, too.