The Apple Watch hit the market over a year ago to mixed reviews but it has been evolving into something useful instead of just another fad.
With watchOS 3 being released in the fall, it is sure to make Apple Watch a lot more enjoyable with its quick launch feature. Apple also didn’t announce plans for the second generation Apple Watch so it looks like the first one is going to be around a bit longer.
Because of this, we decided to update you and round up 20 essential Apple Watch apps.
1 of 20
1. AP Mobile (free): Get the latest news headlines right on your Apple Watch. They condense each article down to a few quick sentences for easy reading.
2 of 20
2. Apple Camera Remote (free) Though it is a stock app, it is one of the most useful if you want something to control your iPhone's camera. You are able to open the camera right on the Apple Watch, view the images through its lens, and take a photo.
3 of 20
3. Citymapper (free): If you live in one of the supported cities (Paris, New York City, Los Angeles, London, and more), Citymapper will help you navigate you via public transit. It is quick, responsive and shows you ETA for saved locations for easy viewing.
4 of 20
4. Currency (free): A great app to have when going overseas. You can easily get current exchange rates and even convert any amount you type in.
5 of 20
5. Deliveries ($4.99): Deliveries help you keep track of all of your packages. The app displays everything in an easy and simple to read format so you know what is coming when.
6 of 20
6. Find Near Me (free): In addition to finding restaurants, coffee shops, and bars, Find Near Me helps you locate other important places such as ATMs, hotels, and even taxi stands. A very good app to have on your watch whenever you are somewhere unfamiliar.
7 of 20
7. Google Maps (free): Although Apple Maps is great, Google Maps is widely known as it works in more 15,000 cities in 200+ countries around the world.
8 of 20
8. Instagram (free): Instagram pictures were made for the Apple Watch's screen. You can easily scroll through your feed, like pictures, and look at profiles.
9 of 20
9. iTranslate (free): The app uses the Watch's microphone to translate words and phrases into 90 different languages and gives you the translation through the speaker. Very handy if you travel a lot but note that you still need to have data service on your iPhone.
10 of 20
10. Lose It (free): Lose It is an app that helps you track your calories throughout the day. You will still need to pull your phone out to log anything you eat but the Apple Watch app will serve as a quick and easy way to view your current status and so you can decide to have that dessert or not.