Midway through the NBA and NHL season, the Super Bowl fast approaching, and baseball back with us in a couple of months, it’s the ideal time to brush up on the best apps for keeping an eye on scores and developments within your favorite sport. We’ve rounded up ten of the best apps for iPhone and iPad for doing exactly that.
1 of 10
1. ESPN (Free) - The biggest sports app on the market, ESPN provides you with scores from pretty much every major league and sport you can think of. You can choose your favorite teams and leagues, ensuring a personalized view of the stories most relevant to you, as well as stream live ESPN radio and podcasts through the app. Want to see the highlights? They're available here too.
2 of 10
2. CBS Sports (Free) - CBS Sports will instantly endear itself to those not near a TV for Super Bowl night, offering up a way to watch it on your phone or tablet. As well as that, you can keep up with football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and soccer scores, as well as view information on NASCAR, F1 and other sports. Personalized push notifications mean you'll always know what's going on for your favorite sport or team.
3 of 10
3. theScore (Free) - theScore offers the now expected push notifications for teams but it goes one step further by offering options for push notifications about your favorite players, informing you whenever they make a major play or are embroiled in breaking news. Personalized news streaming plus a widget for today's news completes the varied package.
4 of 10
4. Yahoo Sports (Free) - Yahoo Sports offers expert opinions and views from award-winning bloggers and well known pundits, ensuring it's an ideal app for those that want more than just the scores. Such opinion is backed up by a plethora of stats, meaning you'll always be in the know.
5 of 10
5. Team Stream (Free) - Bleacher Report's official app is an excellent source of independent news and comment. Articles are in-depth with dedicated journalists for specific teams ensuring they're intelligently written too. Alongside that, you can check out all the scores, videos, and pictures from various sources across the internet.
6 of 10
6. NBA 2015-16 (Free) - The official app for the NBA, NBA 2015-16 makes it easy to check live scores, view game recaps and team videos. If you subscribe to the NBA League Pass, you can even watch live games through it, as well as access classic games from days gone by.
7 of 10
7. ESPN Fantasy Football (Free) - Fantasy Football is the ideal way to get more involved in the NFL. It's fun, addictive and a great way to compete with friends. ESPN's Fantasy Football app is ideal for setting you up. You can arrange a mock draft, view live auctions, manage your roster, and trash talk the opposition.
8 of 10
8. NFL (Free) - It's the perfect time to download the official app for the NFL. Sign up for NFL Game Pass and you can watch past playoff games, the Super Bowl and various replays. As well as that, there are stories devoted to every team, stats to track, and in-game highlights.
9 of 10
9. MLB.com At Bat (Free) - The best source for baseball news, MLB.com At Bat offers a subscription service that means you can look back on the last season, getting you ready for the next one to begin. Expert analysis, scoreboards, and a plentiful supply of videos should keep you entertained for a while to come.
10 of 10
10. Sports Feed (Free) - Sports Feed doesn't just offer updates on your favorite teams from over 100 different sources, it also gives you an easy way to communicate with your friends about it all. With built-in group messaging as well as real-time scores and stats, the app makes it easy for you to discuss the major developments in your favorite sport.