GIFs are a big deal these days. Whether it’s to illustrate your point via Twitter or to show off that cute moment between your favorite TV stars via Tumblr, there’s sure to be a time when you want to make or find a GIF.
We’ve rounded up 10 apps that make it easy to do exactly that, all through your iPhone or iPad.
1 of 10
1. GIF Maker (Free) - GIF Maker's main feature is allowing you to record an event unfolding in front of you, before converting the video into an animated GIF. You can use between 10 and 50 photos to create a GIF, utilizing the front and back cameras. It's easy to share your creations from within the app too.
2 of 10
2. GIF Creator (Free) - Another GIF creating tool that has you capturing frames with your camera, GIF Creator is a little more stylish. Alongside frame capture, you can easily add emoticons and text, as well as make adjustments to color and font. It's ideal for sprucing up a plain text message, and conveying your point more dramatically. Options also exist for saving your GIFs as an MP4 file too.
3 of 10
3. GIF Forge (Free) - GIF Forge offers a little bit of everything. You can create your own GIFs via two camera modes, encompassing frame by frame or up to 12 seconds of videos. You can change the speed and loop of a GIF you've created, plus add captions to them. As well as that, you can use GIF Forge to view previously made GIFs, before sharing them on social media services.
4 of 10
4. GIF Toaster (Free) - GIF Toaster might not be the most stylish of GIF creation tools, but it offers plenty of choices. You can use it to convert photos, videos, burst photos and live photos to GIF format. Simply select what you want to convert, adjust some encoding options and hit convert. It's as simple as that, and ideal for when you want to get something done quickly.
5 of 10
5. Gifx (Free) - Gifx offers a wealth of options when it comes to customizing your GFI creations. You can adjust the opacity, and size. More importantly, you can mask out areas of one GIF to highlight another, and create quite stylish results. Layers can also be applied later on, with over 200 different effects available in all.
6 of 10
6. Giffer ($2.99) - Simple yet powerful is Giffer's thinking. It allows you to create all kinds of animated GIFs, from stop motion effects to time lapse or seamless loops. You name it, you can probably make it through this. Reaction GIFs could take you seconds to formulate, or you can spend a while tweaking everything just so. Over 25 different filters complete the package.
7 of 10
7. GIPHY CAM (Free) - Giphy's a great site for finding GIFs, so it makes sense that it also has an app for making your own. You can easily record your own GIFs by pressing and holding a button to create a looping effect. Want to apply some filters or add an overlay? That's just as easy too. It's ideal for those in a hurry.
8 of 10
8. DSCO (Free) - From the makers of the excellent photography app, VSCO, comes a GIF making app that's just as high in quality. The app makes it easy to capture, edit and share your own creations, with a series of presets saving you time and effort. Its minimalist user interface is great for those easily confused by too many sliders and options.
9 of 10
9. 5SecondsApp (Free) - Offering you choices for creating your own, as well as finding others, 5SecondsApp suits all GIF users. You can easily create your own from videos and photos, as well as add text and stickers to the creations. Controls for speed and rearranging frames is also an option, along with filters. Finding GIFs already created takes seconds too, saving you time and effort when you're trying to make a point in your emails or text messages.
10 of 10
10. GIPHY (Free) - Really can't be bothered to make your own GIFs, despite all the options available to you? Use GIPHY instead. You can find many, many GIFs relating to your favorite TV show or meme, and new ones are being added all the time. It's the kind of place you can lose yourself to, as you spend ages finding the perfect GIF to sum up your mood right now.