How sweet it is to be on Modern Family. Forbes has released its annual “rankings of the highest-paid women in television:, and, to no one’s surprise, Sofia Vergara is still on top. Vergara has been the highest-paid actress on television for five straight years now—she plays Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on ABC’s Modern Family, a role for which she is a four-time Emmy nominee.
Vergara’s incredible haul of $43 million isn’t just from her television salary, though. Vergara also has several lucrative endorsement and licensing deals, ones which give her an almost $20 million lead on second place, which is currently occupied by The Big Bang Theory’s Kaley Cuoco. Cuoco and Vergara tied for the the top spot last year.
The rest of the top five was filled out by Mindy Kaling of The Mindy Project, Ellen Pompeo of Grey’s Anatomy and Mariska Hargitay, also of Grey’s Anatomy. Notably, the top three spots on the list are all occupied by comedy actresses, which is apparently a more lucrative genre than drama. Check out the full list below, and let your mind fill with wonder at what it might be like to have $1 million, let alone $43.
1. Sofia Vergara – $43 million
2. Kaley Cuoco – $24.5 million
3. Mindy Kaling – $15 million
4. Ellen Pompeo – $14.5 million(tie)
5. Mariska Hargitay – $14.5 million(tie)
6. Kerry Washington – $13.5 million
7. Stand Katic – $12 million
8. Priyanka Chopra – $11 million
9. Julianna Marguiles – $10.5 million
10. Julie Bowe – $10 million
11. Pauley Perrette – $9.5 million
12. Patricia Heaton – $8.5 million
13. Emily Deschanel – $7.5 million (tie)
14. Julia Louis-Dreyfus – $7.5 million (tie)
15. Zooey Deschanel – $7 million